Exporting and importing goods

Published by restartitservices on

Exporting goods

Custom declarations are now required when exporting goods to the EU, exactly the same as if you were exporting goods to the rest of the world. You can either process these yourself, use courier, freight forwarded or a customs agent.

Just like importing goods, you will need to make sure you have an EORI number that starts with GB. You will be able to charge customers VAT at 0% on most goods that you export to the EU.

Importing goods

From the 1st January 2021, if you import goods from the EU then you will need to make custom declarations. These will be the same rules as the rest of the world who also trade in the EU. These declarations can be made by yourself or you can use a third party such as a customs agent, freight forwarder or courier.

In order to import goods from the EU, you will need an EORI number that starts with GB. You will also need to pay custom duties and VAT on all imports from the EU.

The rules for importing some types of goods will change, you can find out more here.

If you have any questions, please contact the friendly team at Clear Vision Financial Management on 01794 330 025 or emailĀ info@cv-fm.com.

Categories: Brexit

ICAEW Authorised Training Employer CIMA Practising Certificate Holder Xero Platinum Partner AAT Licensed Accountant Cyber Essentials